Hearing Aid Rehabilitation Journey
Your journey towards better hearing takes place over four stages (see below). I will consider your unique individual needs and requirements and provide you with the best solution to optimise your hearing potential. As a highly experienced audiologist based in Galway, for the last 15 years, I will provide expert guidance in choosing the most suitable digital technology hearing aid solution for you. I also provide ongoing support for your continued peace of mind.
Stage 1: Hearing Assessment and Initial Consultation, includes the following.
- Full audiometric hearing evaluation using the latest diagnostic equipment
- Examination of the ear and auditory canal Otoscopy
- Photographs of the patient’s ear canal and ear drum
- Wax removal, first, if a blockage is detected
- Calibrated audiometric hearing evaluation
- Speech discrimination and QuickSin (an audiologic test that measures an individual’s ability to hear in noise)
- Lifestyle assessment (where necessary)
- Comprehensive explanation of the audiometric test results
- Specialist advise on the best hearing aid technology to suit your hearing needs
- A copy of your hearing test result for your perusal with GP specialist ENT referral correspondence (where indicated)
Stage 2: Hearing Aid Fitting and Instrument Explanation.
- Initial fitting and programming of your hearing aids
- Explanation detailing how to properly insert and remove the hearing aids
- Management of hearing devices, e.g., cleaning, changing filters and domes.
- Explain Bluetooth phone streaming where required
- Explain hearing aid App functionality and control via your smart phone technology (volume control and adjustments in real time).
- Full instruction of how to adjust the volume of your hearing aids
- Programme additions hearing programmes where necessary
- Programme additional background noise options on your hearing aids so you can manually adjust to tricky environments where necessary
Stage 3: Follow Up
- A follow up appointment is booked for 2 weeks after initially fitting your hearing aids
- Full assessment of how you are hearing with your aids
- Check for any potentially troublesome issues, e.g., inserting the hearing aids, incorrect amplification level requiring fine tuning, further explanation on management of App, cleaning, and maintenance
- Adjust the settings and fine tune the hearing aids to suit your individual needs
- A further follow appointment 3-4 weeks later to make sure you are confident with your hearing aids and satisfied with the improvement in overall hearing
Stage 4: Aftercare
I recommend a 6-month appointment going forward to check for wax build up and make fine tuning adjustments where necessary. All hearing aids are covered by the manufacturers four-year warranty, so you avail of free servicing for the duration of your warranty If your hearing aids need to be repaired, I will programme demonstration loaner hearing aids for you to use in the meantime. I recommend a fresh hearing test every year. Programming of the hearing instruments, where necessary, is free of charge.